TDA8932 DC 10V – 36V 30W Mono Digital Audio Amplifier Module CLASS-D
The TDA8932 is a high efficiency class-D amplifier with low power dissipation.
The typical output power is 2x15 W in stereo half-bridge application (RL = 4 W) or 1x30 W typical in full-bridge application (RL = 8 W). Due to the low power dissipation the device can be used without any external heat sink when playing music. If proper cooling via the printed-circuit board is implemented, a continuous output power of 2x15 W is feasible. Due to the implementation of thermal foldback, even for high supply voltages and/or lower load impedances, the device remains operating with considerable music output power without the need for an external heat sink.
The device has two full-differential inputs driving two independent outputs. It can be used as mono full-bridge configuration (BTL) or as stereo half-bridge configuration (SE).
- Operating voltage from 10 V to 36 V asymmetrical or ±5 V to ±18 V symmetrical
- Mono-bridged tied load (full-bridge) or stereo single-ended (half-bridge) application
- Application without heatsink using thermally enhanced small outline package
- High efficiency and low-power dissipation
- Thermally protected and thermal foldback
- Current limiting to avoid audio holes
- Full short-circuit proof across load and to supply lines (using advanced current protection)
- Switchable internal or external oscillator (master-slave setting)
- No pop noise
- Full-differential inputs
- Flat panel television sets
- Flat panel monitor sets
- Multimedia systems
- Wireless speakers
- Mini and micro systems
- Home sound sets